Self Levelling Floor Screed
Our new screed is a self levelling, cementitious screed which is ideal for all types of flooring, particularly where underfloor heating is to be installed.
This product contains sand and cement with the inclusion of a special binding additive from industry specialist Longfloor. Because there is no coarse aggregate within it, a great finished floor can be laid much thinner; ten times quicker than traditional screeds and with less labour, saving both time and money.
- Self levelling
- Quick drying
- Made with cementitious materials as opposed to anhydrite chemicals and can be laid with a depth starting from 35mm
- Appearance / colour is grey fluid screed mix
- Compatible with all cement based tile adhesives
- Can walk on it after 24 hours
- Thermal conductivity (up to 1.7W/mK)
- Can be used both for electric and water heating pipes
- Coverings above pipe are thinner than traditional screeds
- Product fully encapsulates the pipes
- No joint requirement up to 100 – 150m2
- Underfloor heating systems can be turned on after 10 days and the system gradually brought up to operating temperature
- Great finish and limits damage to underfloor pipes
- Risk of crazing, cracking and curling severely reduced
- Minimal wastage
- No site revisits to sand floor (laitance free)
- Ten times quicker to lay than other screeds and less labour required, saving time and money
The concrete can incorporate a proportion of GGBS, a cement replacement material that generates a much lower level of embodied CO2 emissions than ordinary cement, minimising environmental impact.